I came to the opening of into the valley. I hadn’t been there for a few months, and I wanted to visit Anna. A grin slid across my face as I looked down into the valley and saw robins dancing on the hill. So that’s where they hide I thought. As I watched, I noticed a cardinal hopping from branch to branch on a small, dead tree on the valley floor. I slid down the hill towards Anna’s gravestone. I brushed the snow and leaves away from the stone, and, as my song ended, I decided to listen to the music Anna loved. I pulled out my headphones and stuck them down the front of my coat. I took in all the sounds. The birds dug in the leaves, filling the valley with an echoing rustle. I stood there for some time, then carefully made my way down the snow-covered slope.
When I reached the bottom, I was completely enraptured by the beauty of the valley. I glanced at the cloud-blanketed sky and was overcome with joy at its awesome grace.
I noticed that the birds were particularly congregated on one area of the steep hill, I walked toward that area as quietly as I could, stepping lightly on the half frozen clumps of marsh grass. As I made my way over I noticed that my headphones had fallen out of my coat and I was standing on them in a pile of snow. I laughed because I didn’t care then I put them in my pocket, to see if they still worked later.
As I was walking, I spied a small trickle of water running through the grass. I immediately named it Patriot Stream and praised God for its beauty.
I noticed something a ways off that I thought might be another lonely headstone, but when I walked over to it and saw what it was, I couldn’t help laughing. It was an old, rust covered refrigerator with trees growing out of the middle of it.
I then walked back to Patriot Stream, all the while thanking God for bringing me there. I walked once again to where I had come off the hill and carefully climbed back up, constantly gripping a tree or twig to keep myself from falling backwards down the hill.
When I got out of the valley, I could not help but praise God, and I began singing hymns of praise at the top of my voice.
The New Song
In Thy courts, let there be a resounding “Amen”
In Thy courts, let there be ceaseless praise, my God, to Thee
O my soul, rejoice
O my heart, be glad
For what the Lord hath done for thee
mmk folks!! COMMENTATE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment