My mother is an amazing person. I had never really realized this until today. Or.. at least.. I had never realized how amazing she is. She got sick, and tomorrow morning, there is an A&P field trip, that she was in charge of. Since she got sick, she passed the task to me. I spent the day on the phone, putting people in proper groups, running around tearing my hair out, making nametags, and worrying. I don't understand how she does it!!! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning, when I have to make people listen to me. It's not something I'm good at, and I have a lot of really close friends in that class, people who I don't know how they will respond to me when I am in a situation of authority. Even more than the friends, I'm worried about how the grown ups are going to react to a teenager being in charge. My peers I can demand respect from, but the grown ups that are going to be there, I don't think I can. I can't order grown ups around, It's just something that's been programmed out of me.
Also there is the matter of my height. 5'1" is not very tall, and I'm one of the shortest people in my class... people don't like listening to short people..... Plus they tend to look over my head or not see me or whatever.
Lord God, I give tomorrow up to you. I'm worried about it, yeah. I wanna get it right, yeah. I'm scared of how people will react to me, yeah. But it's in your hands. I trust that you will do what's best, no matter what that might be. Abba, I thank you for being you, please be with me tomorrow. I love you.
Your daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
2 Q's:
#1 What was the field trip?
#2 How did it go?
-Willie
It was to the St. Joe's Heart and Vascular centre.
It went [i]ok[/i]. Could have been worse, could have been better.
That "ok" sure didn't look to convincing. People not pay attention to you?
-Willie
who ever does?
I do.
-Willie
Post a Comment