7/8/08

Ballet Mag

Date: 6/22/08 Time: Unknown
So it's finally here. I'm sitting in a Northwest Airline Boeing something jet, making my way toward Memphis, Tennessee. And it still hasn't rubbed in. The way the clouds are in the sky makes them look like they're sitting on a sheet of glass. And I've never seen the sky so blue. when the plane pulled around a corner to get onto a runway, the early morning sun blazed out from behind a control tower, and it was so beautiful.
When the plane accelerated for takeoff, it was awesome. It was like a roller coaster, only so much better.
I must admit that I was scared and nervous, but as soon as the stuff on the ground started getting tiny in awesome levels, I forgot that.
I like the turbulence. It's a little like being on Mean Streak, the way that it sorta bumps you around.

Date: Same Time: Unknown Location: Memphis
It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to Jackson. The airplane door is closed, and I'm by the window again, but only because of the kindness of the gentleman next to me. I've picked up my accent, and I can't wait for takeoff. I enjoyed it so much last time. Smiles
Date: Same Location: Belhaven College, Jackson Time: 3ish MS time.
I am irreparably in love with this college's campus. I dropped my pencil in the pond. That sucks. Anyway, it is so gorgeous here. The entire campus has trees and flowers and fountains. I haven't met my roommate yet, but Kim, my counselor, is awesome. Most of the girls in my dorm are kinda ditzy, but they're awesome too. I'm a little nervous about my placement class, which is later today. It is so hot down here, but I love it.
We have these cool scan cards for opening the doors, and keys for our dorms.

Time: 5:45 pm MS time Location: My dorm
My placement class starts in 45ish minutes, I'm planning on heading over to the building that it's in at about six. Caisey, my roommate, has yet to show up. Along with Sarah P. Who happens to be in the room next to me. Yeah. I'm bored.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry for posting on such an old bloggy thingy... whatever you call it. This was before you met your roommate...
God's so awesome. We were roommates. Just thought I'd throw that out there. YAY GOD!!!